Watch Out For WhatsApp Scam
Many people enjoy using the Whatsapp to communicate with family and friends when they don't feel like paying, but there is a warning out now about the app.
Scammers are everywhere, and they are always looking to steal something.
People looking to relieve you of your money will try just about any kind of tactic to get at you. They may tell you they have a job for, or that they are in love with you.
The bottom line is that when someone contacts you, and you don't know them, don't interact with them.
If someone ask for you personal information or promises anything of value in return for some of your money, it's likely a scam.
The Better Business Bureau says there are several things you can do to protect yourself including the following:
- If you don't know the person contacting you via Whatsapp, block them.
- Never give out any personal information to anyone.
- When someone tries to get your personal information or money, report them to authorities.
- Never open or answer someone's message if you don't know them.
- Report anyone offending you as spam.
Another important thing to remember before you do business with someone is to make sure you check our the person/company.
If you need information on how to protect yourself, click here.